This section contains information, which describes the test case:
- Execute - if this check-box is not selected, the test case will not execute. This can be useful, when test case only provides information for derived tests cases.
- Scope - scope defines whether test case will test single function (unit tests) or other part of the code (from single line to complete system). See also sections Functions and Stop conditions for more info.
- ID - test ID. testIDEA does not require test case ID to be specified, but it is highly recommended to use this feature.
- Description - human readable description of the test case.
- Result comment - This text refers to specific test run. It is stored to results and report only, and will be lost on next test run.
- Tags - tags can be used to filter test cases for execution.
- Log before/after - expressions in log field Log before are evaluated before the test starts, and expressions in log field Log after are evaluated after test ends. Logged values are written also to test report.
See tool-tips for additional details and examples.