iSystem testIDEA Overview
iSystem testIDEA is an application for embedded software tests. It expands iSystem's debug and trace tools for software development with testing functionality.
- testIDEA is interactive editor for creating and running tests.
- All scopes of tests are supported - from testing single line of code, to function and system tests.
- It creates reports with detailed information about test execution and results.
- Integration with winIDEA is provided.
- Test cases and test vectors are executed on the real customer hardware without code instrumentation - other tools usually instrument the code.
- The major advantage of non-instrumented unit tests is the fast turn-around-times, because the tests can run without compilation, linking and download.
- No test drivers are needed and therefore no additional resources are used on the target system.
- Functions like tracing, profiling and code coverage analysis can be integrated into the test cases.
- Test cases can be created without knowing the isystem.test API.
- testIDEA stores the test cases in YAML format. YAML is human friendly data serialization standard. Human friendliness is its main advantage over XML.
- Test specification files can be easily edited with any text editor and later used either by scripts or testIDEA.
- Tests created with testIDEA can be easily used in scripts via isystem.test API.
- Integration with isystem.connect API expands the operation area of iSystem test technology from unit testing to integration and system testing.